Following the 2010 Census, Peoria Public Schools is planning to make some minor boundary changes to the three voting districts for the Board of Education. Below are the apportionment rules used to make the changes, the recommended map and the action item that will be presented and voted on during the September 12, 2011 Board of Education Meeting.
- Court Ordered Provisions: 1-3-3
- Equivalent Size (Baker vs. Carr)
- Compact (not-Gerrymandering)
- No splitting of precincts
- Recognizable boundary lines as much as possible