Check out some of the latest rumors I am hearing about District 150:
- On Tuesday, May 1, 2012, substitutes came in for reading teachers, because they were scheduled for Professional Development (PD). The teachers were sitting out at board room ready for PD, but no one was there. An email went out at 9:00 a.m. that morning saying that the meeting was cancelled and rescheduled for Thursday. The teachers sat there at the board room for an hour and had no idea what was going on.
- Some teachers are being offered dollars as part of a grievance. The District is saying they would give them money and change their rating if the teachers would agree to resign instead of being fired.
- Principal Noly Branscumb has been moved from Roosevelt to Glen Oak.
- Principal Jamie Brown is moving from Hines to Roosevelt.
- Assistant Principal at Franklin has been resigned (have not heard where to).
- ELITE will be going to Glen Oak.
- Carolyn Nunn (Trewyn) is retiring in June but has already been told she's getting hired back. You may recall, that Nunn is the Assistant Principal who is alleged to have slapped a child.
Don't forget tonight's School Board Meeting, which is being held at the Valeska Hinton Center. I am being told A LOT of teachers and support staff will be showing up to protest against the Lathan Administration.