In an effort to explain not making AYP, the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum at Dunlap Schools, pointed out specifically that the school's African-American students and students with IEPs "did not meet AYP standards."
Dunlap’s black student population is shown on the School Report Card as 5.9%. The percentage of students shown with IEPs is 7.5%. Those two sub-groups together = 13.4% of the student population. Schools need to meet or exceed 85% to make AYP. Without the two sub-groups mentioned Dunlap would be at 86.6%.
Therefore, the African-American and IEP students alone, could not stop Dunlap Schools from making AYP. Additionally, if any of the students from the first sub-group are a part of the second sub-group, that statement becomes even more erroneous.