Friday, September 10, 2010
Facing a period of resolves.
It's a luxury that is good for the soul.
–verb (used with object)
1. to come to a definite or earnest decision about; determine (to do something): I have resolved that I shall live to the full.
2. to separate into constituent or elementary parts; break up; cause or disintegrate (usually fol. by into ).
3. to reduce or convert by, or as by, breaking up or disintegration (usually fol. by to or into ).
4. to convert or transform by any process (often used reflexively).
5. to reduce by mental analysis (often fol. by into ).
6. to settle, determine, or state formally in a vote or resolution, as of a deliberative assembly.
7. to deal with (a question, a matter of uncertainty, etc.) conclusively; settle; solve: to resolve the question before the board.
8. to clear away or dispel (doubts, fears, etc.); answer: to resolve any doubts we may have had.
–verb (used without object)
9. to come to a determination; make up one's mind; determine (often fol. by on or upon ): to resolve on a plan of action.
10. to break up or disintegrate.
11. to be reduced or changed by breaking up or otherwise (usually fol. by to or into ).
12. a resolution or determination made, as to follow some course of action.
13. firmness of purpose or intent; determination.